This application will determine if a given task can be completed, using the RASP forecast data as a guide.
To use the application, perform the following:
- Select the day you're thinking of flying.
- Select the proposed time of departure.
- Select a glider (your own type) - generally the Standard Cirrus (StdCirrus) is good at 36:1 glide ratio.
- Select if you're using ballast or not.
- Select estimated circling sink rate (in still air - 2.0 down is a good default).
- Select thermal multiplier (1.0 is a good default).
- Add your turn points for your task in BGA three-letter codes. Note that you need a 'start' and at least one other (TP1). You do not need to fill all the boxes in.
- Press the GO button.
- The actual date is printed on the results.
- If you want the results in a separate window, 'check' the 'NEW WINDOW' check box above the 'GO' button.
- If you know your task add to the URL in the following format (comma separated): ?task=RDN,GRF,PET,RDN